The proposed system is used to search, monitor, track and warn against in war area individual solider, moving troops, moving vehicles, boat/ship, low-altitude armed helicopter, etc. It can detect, identify the target type & threat level and give warning automatically. Typical applications are as following:
Border surveillance: monitor enemy force rally and vehicle maneuvering; monitor and warn against sneak attack of small forces.
Special-police reconnaissance: used by special police to search criminal in special situations, such as dealing with stealthily cross, checking arms smuggling. Coast defense surveillance: distributed along the coastline to monitor ship maneuvering.
Battlefield reconnaissance: used by armored forces and mechanized infantry for all day and all weather reconnaissance and situation monitoring
- Small volume and light weight which is easy for the soldiers to carry. The equipment can be use in the areas such as border, mountain, plateau, seaside, island, desert, etc. complex and adverse terrain area. The equipment can also be transported by vehicle in the area where the vehicle can reach.
- Advanced techniques: complete solid state, full-coherent, frequency agility and pulse compression technique, capable to detect very low speed moving targets achieve extra high specifications.
- Powerful anti-jamming capability by adopting linear FM pulse compression constant false alarm, frequency agility, MTI (moving target indication) and MTD (moving target detection) techniques.
- Adopting mature advanced techniques, modularization design, and strict components selection, to ensure high reliability.
- Easy-to-operate: high automatically, flexible MMI (man-machine-interface), supporting unattended duty and remote-control interface available.
- Extra high capacity battery and low power consumption achieves very long operational time in field.
- Terrain Map display and Satellite Map.
- High cost-effective.
- Adaptable hard environment such as sandstorm: the proposed system employs the carry frequency of 2cm and wide bandwidth, which ensures the system has 3.75m resolution in distance and 1° resolution in azimuth. In hard environment such as sandstorm, the ratio of the equivalent clutter caused by sand to target echo wouldn’t affect normal operation of system in near field, so the system can adapt to the sandstorm environment.
The system is a reconnaissance and monitoring system with multi-target display and TWS (Tracking while Searching) function; since the System is adjacent to enemy and works in complicate EM (electromagnetic) environment, it has LPI (low probability of interception) and anti-jamming functions. The targets, which are usually crowd and vehicles, can be classified roughly, i.e. the type (including individual soldier, a crowd of soldiers, individual vehicle, a crowd of vehicles and low altitude helicopter) can be identified based on echo strength and target moving speed, so as to master target’s location, track and complete target identification and automatic warning.
- The system conducts target signal detection, target displaying, tracking record, Terrain Map display or Satellite Map displaying, coordinates conversion, intelligence report and storage, etc.
- Border surveillance: monitor activities of personnel and vehicles near the border; monitor and alarm targets accessing a warning area pre-set by radars.
- Police reconnaissance: used by armed policemen to deal with stowaway/smuggling, checking and arresting criminals, etc.
- Coast defense surveillance: distributed along the coastline to monitor ship maneuvering.
- Battlefield reconnaissance: used by armored forces and maneuvering infantry company for battlefield reconnaissance and situation display.
- C4I auxiliary: providing C4I system with battlefield situation data.
Physically, the proposed system is composed of antenna unit, Tx&Rx unit, servo unit, battery, display terminal and tripod, as shown in Fig.1.
Physical Composition of System
- Dimensions (mm)
- Weight (kg)
- GPS & compass module
- GPS connection cable
- Parabolic antenna
- Host module
- Rotating servo
- Power supply cable
- Communication connect cable
- Power supply
It is easy for SW-R6 GSR to be mounted in the container of light-duty vehicle after simple retrofit, and the container could be equipped with an enclosed cover, besides, the front seat could be retrofitted as operation cabinet. In the container, a hydraulic lifting mast can be installed in container, and the GSR will be mounted on the mast. Under the non operation status, the hydraulic mast is retracted and the reflection antenna is folded. During operating, open the container and lift the antenna, adjust the height of the mast for GSR operating.
Under the vehicle-carried mode, radar could be powered by Li-ion battery, or onboard DC12V power supply.
The antenna adopts offset reflection plane; the feeder is horn shape; reflection plane is incision parabolic with length of 1.2m, height of 0.5m. Main technical specifications of antenna:
- Antenna gain:36dBi
- Horizontal beam width:≤1.3°
- Horizontal beam side lobe:-33dB
- Elevation beam width:≤3°
The upper platform of the servo unit is used for antenna rotating in elevation and the underside is for rotating in azimuth (as Fig.7). This structure satisfies field environment application requirements of good portability, high accuracy and high reliability. The rotator is controlled via RS422 to realize direction calibration, reaching, sector scanning and speed adjustment, and sends various information to processor in real time.
Technical specifications of the rotator:
- Dimensions (mm): 320×300×280
- Weight: 17 kg
- Carrying capability: rotator top: 30 Kg
- Location accuracy: ± 0.1°
- Rotating speed: azimuth 0---2r/min (12°--14°/S); elevation: about 0.5°/S
- Rotating range: azimuth: ±180°; elevation: +12°～-12°
The transmitting system adopts full solid transmitter with natural heat radiation.
- Transmitting pulse power: ≥10W
- Noise Figure:≤5dB
- Time for Grid-control accessing: ±500ns
Signal processing including MTI and MTD.
- Improvement factor in ground clutter:≥40dB; σV=0.32m/s
- Improvement factor in weather clutter: ≥20dB; σV=2m/s
The system provides Li-ion batteries for the system, as shown in follow figure. Adopts complete water proof designing and the maximum working time is more than 10 hours.
Display terminal is to conduct data log-in, data information processing, Satellite Map and Terrain Map display, flight path fusing displaying and system control function; with friendly MMI for operator. The running environment is:
- Software: Operating system: Windows 2000/XP
- Hardware ：Military reinforced notebook PC: dual core, not less than 1.0G
Hard disk: no less than 60G
Two display modes are designed: information display without map background and information display with electronic map background
- Display without map background: conduct first data display (B type display, PPI display); secondary data display, display target flight path, parameters and tracking status at real time.
- Display with map background: display target flight path, parameters and tracking status in electronic map background at real time; browse Satellite Map and Terrain Map physiognomy in area of interest; first data display in the map is an option.
MAIN TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIOnS
- Detection Range: Armed solider: ≥8km;
Light-duty vehicle: ≥12km;
Tank and heavy duty vehicle: ≥20km;
- Spatial Coverage: Azimuth: 360°
A.Method: automatic scan or manual search;
B.Scan area: ±30°~±180°
C.Scan speed: 3°/sec, 6°/sec and 12°/sec
Elevation: remote control between -12°~+12°
- Accuracy (R. M. S.): Range accuracy: ≤15m
- Resolution : Range resolution: ≤11.25m
Azimuth resolution: ≤2°
- Blind Range: ≤300m
- Weight: ≤35Kg（excluding battery and tripod
- Power Supply Capability: More than 10 hours
- System Set-up/Dismantle Time: ≤10 minutes by two soldiers
- Display Capability : A 13inch color LCD is configured with radar for log-in data display, B type display, Terrain Map display, operating status display and fault information display, etc.
- Reliability and Maintenance : 1MTBF:MTBF:≥2000 hours.
MTTR:MTTR: ≤30 minutes