SW-R6E Ground Surveillance Radar is used to search, monitor, track and warn against moving targets such as person, troops, vehicles, boat/ship and low-altitude UAV etc. in warning area. It can detect, identify the target type & threat level and give warning automatically. Typical applications are as follows:
- Battlefield reconnaissance: used by armored forces and maneuvering infantry company for battlefield reconnaissance and situation display.
- Anti-air target: locate and track the low-flying aircrafts, such as hostile helicopter and UAV.
- Border surveillance: monitor enemy force rally and vehicle maneuvering, monitor and warn against sneak attack of small forces.
- Special-police reconnaissance: used by special police to search and warn criminals in special situations, such as smuggling etc.
- Compact size and light weight. The SW-R6E is easy for the soldiers to carry and use in the complex and adverse terrain areas such as frontier, mountain, plateau, seaside, island and reef etc. The equipment can also be mounted in the vehicle.
- Advanced techniques: AESA Pulse Doppler radar system, fully electronic scanning in azimuth, the scan angle more than 90°, pointing control of high-accuracy rapid wave-beam, complete solid state, full-coherent, frequency agility and pulse compression technique, capable to detect very low speed moving targets and achieve extra high specifications.
- Powerful anti-jamming capability by adopting linear FM pulse compression technique, constant false alarm rate (CFAR), frequency agility, MTI and MTD techniques.
- Adopt advanced digital techniques, modular design, standardized design, redundancy design, strict components selection and lots of integrated circuits with high integral reliability.
- Easy-to-operate: high automaticity, supporting unattended duty and remote-controlled expansion interface available.
- Extra high capacity battery and low power consumption to achieve very long operational time in field.
- TWS and TAS functions available.
- High class ILS: low operation cost, low maintenance cost and radar LCC.
- Various digital maps available.
SW-R6E is composed of AESA antenna, transmitter, receiver, rotator and terminal display, as shown in Fig. 1.
- AESA antenna
- MW channel
- Signal processing module
- Location & north calibration module
- Secondary power supply module
- Terminal display & control unit and software
- External power supply unit
- 2D servo
- WIFI module
- System power cable
- System communication cable
- Servo communication cable
- Communication extension cable
- Li-ion battery
The block diagram of SW-R6E is shown as the following Fig. 3.
Electro-optical Sensing Subsystem (Optional)
This electro-optical sensing subsystem collaborates with SW-R6E. The system transfers detected target location data to EO sensor, and the sensor subsystem controls the rotator and adjusts the focus of EO devices, so as to acquire target images and accurate range data, even target video if necessary.
It is easy for SW-R6E to be mounted in the container of light-duty vehicle after simple retrofit, and the container could be equipped with an enclosed cover, besides, the front seat could be retrofitted as operation cabinet. In the container, a hydraulic lifting mast can be installed in container, and the radar will be mounted on the mast. Under the non operation status, the hydraulic mast is retracted. During operating, open the container and lift the radar, adjust the height of the mast and pointing of radar.
Under the vehicle-carried mode, radar could be powered by Li-ion battery, or onboard DC24V power supply.
Main technical specifications of AESA antenna:
- ERP： 73dBm
- Horizontal beam width: ≤2°
Location & North Calibration Module
The module is to achieve GPS position, north calibration and main beam pointing of AESA antenna.
Signal processing adopts MTI and MTD techniques.
- Improvement factor in ground clutter:≥40dB; σV=0.32m/s
- Improvement factor in weather clutter: ≥20dB; σV=2m/s
The system provides Li-ion batteries for the system, as shown in Fig. 10. Adopts complete water proof design and the maximum working time of single battery is more than 8 hours.
Display terminal is to conduct data log-in, data information processing, various digital maps display and system control function with friendly MMI for operator. The running environments are:
- Software: Operating system: Windows
- Hardware: The laptop: dual core, more than 1.5G
Hard disk: more than 120G
- Two display modes are designed: information display without map background and information display with electronic map background a)Display without map background: conduct first data display (PPI display), secondary data display, parameters and tracking status at real time.
b)Display with map background: display target flight path, parameters and tracking status in digital map background at real time, browse digital map in interested area, first data display in the map is an option.
MAIN TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIOnS
- Detection Range: Armed solider: ≥6km
Light-duty vehicle: ≥12km
Tank and heavy duty vehicle: ≥20km
- Spatial Coverage: Scanning mode: Fully electronic scanning
Scan range: 90°max.
Scan speed: 60°/s max.
Elevation adjustment range: -15°~+15°
- Accuracy （R.M.S）: Range accuracy: better than 10m
Azimuth accuracy: better than 0.2°
- Resolution: Range resolution: better than 20m
Azimuth resolution: better than 2°
- Blind Range: ≤200m
- Power Consumption: ≤80W
- Weight: ≤20Kg (Excluding battery and tripod)
- Power Supply Capability: More than 8 hours
- System Set-up/Dismantle Time: ≤5 minutes by one soldier
- Display Capability : One more than 10inch color LCD is configured with radar for log-in data display, PPI display, digital Map display, operating status display and fault information display etc.
- Dimension: 700mm x370mm x 100mm